Edizione 21 (2019), Fantini (Farnese)

No tax

Edizione Cinque Autoctoni, Fantini (Farnese)

Production Area: Notaresco, Ortona, Sava, Manduria

Varieties: Montepulciano 33%, Primitivo 30%, Sangiovese 25%, Negroamaro 7%, e Malvasia Nera 5%

Vinification: Soft stalk-stripping. Maceration-fermentation for 25 days. Malolactic fermentation in barriques followed by 13 months maturation - 70% of the wine is aged in French oak and the remaining 30% is aged in American oak.

Sensory Features: Very deep garnet red. Very intense and persistent with notes of cherry and blackcurrant, herbs, cinnamon, cloves, cocoa, liquorice and hints of mineral. Great structure, good balance between alcohol and freshness, velvety tannins, very persistent with a long finish, ready to drink, or can well be aged for long

Best served with: rich first courses, red meat and with medium and long seasoned cheese

Serving Temperature: 18 °C

Alcoholic Content: 14%

Idea of the Wine: This is to prove it is possible to make a great red wine, that is expression of the enormous patrimony of autochthonous vines that we have in Italy, with the best characteristic of taste and fragrance, that seldom can be found in a high level wine like this.

Product Details

FAR 18
Wine Type Red
Country Italy
Capacity 750 ml
Grapes Montepulciano / Sangiovese / Primitivo / Malvasia / Negroamaro
Awards 99-pts-Luca-Maroni

New Account Register

Already have an account?
Log in instead Or Reset password